Manual Handling is defined as the transporting or supporting of a load (including lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving) by hand or by bodily force.
Our Manual Handling training provides participants with the knowledge and skills to correctly pre-assess, lift, carry and lower objects. The course identifies best Health and Safety practice. As an employer it is a legal obligation to provide Manual Handling training to your employees.
To provide the knowledge and skills for safe Manual Handling.
On completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling
- Be aware of Health and Safety legislation
- Understand the basic anatomy of the musculoskeletal system
- Use the 8 principles of safe lifting correctly
- Manual Handling legislation
- Dangers of using incorrect Manual Handling techniques
- Anatomy of the spine and musculoskeletal system
- Practical Manual Handling training and techniques
- Exercises and stretches to help prevent strains and injuries
Classroom based presentation with a practical demonstration and practice by participants.
Participants are required to complete a short multiple choice assessment and practical lifting demonstration.
To receive certification for Manual Handling participants must successfully complete both the theory and practical components of the course. Certificates are valid for three years from date of issue.
Other Safety Training Courses Available
- Abrasive Wheels
- Covid 19 Training
- Forklift Training
- MEWP Training
- Working At Heights