Warehouse Manager required by large retail company based in Leinster.
• Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, by managing, organising and monitoring operational goals.
• Develop warehouse operational systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization and inventory management.
• Train and manage a warehouse team to drive day to day operational efficiency to reach both short and long-term performance goals.
• Have a strategic mindset on how the operations of the warehouse can consistently improve and assist the organization maximise its growth objectives
• Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity and efficiencies are met.
• Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
• Manage the daily activities of the warehouse, including inventory control, space management, logistics and floor productivity.
• To manage and lead the team to ensure that they have the skill set, resources and support needed to deliver in their role and achieve objectives.
• Motivate, organise, and encourage teamwork within the team to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
• To attend senior management meeting with the Directors and present when required up to date information on warehouse KPI performance
• Implement best practice resource planning and workflow to maximise efficiencies and work within budgets.
• Ensure duties are carried out in accordance with company policies and SOP’s.
• Train others as part of your role to ensure effective leadership continues when you are not on site.
• Meet regularly with senior management to review, analyse, and develop actionable plans for efficiency and productivity.
• Foster effective communication between the Warehouse, group Stores and other Head Office departments.
• Ensure and implement ‘best in class’ inventory controls.
• Implement new ways of working for the best utilization of people and resources available to you.
• Conduct team briefs to foster and promote good communication across the team.
• Ensure compliance with all health and safety SOP’s and legislation.
• Generate and action KPI reporting metrics as and when required.
• To be able to represent the Company in discussions and negotiations with suppliers on issues such as order management and scheduling on inbound deliveries.
• Manage and organise the recruitment and onboarding of staff, as well as managing team performance, and managing the disciplinary process as and when required.
• Be prepared to carry out any specific project work as required.
• Any other duties as delegated by your manager.
Skills & Competencies
• Good numeracy and I.T skills.
• People management skills, including the ability to inspire, lead and motivate others.
• Good working knowledge of employment law requirements
• Good working knowledge of health and safety law
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong understanding of warehouse and stock control systems.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
• Ability to work accurately with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to plan-ahead and organise warehouse workload and workflow.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work on a strategic level.
• A flexible approach to duties and tasks.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse.
• This is a full-time 45 hours per week permanent role.
• Working any 5 out of 7 days including early, late and weekend shifts.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• Staff discount.
• Employee Assistance Programme.
• Education opportunities.
• Ongoing training.
During peak period, with increased volumes there will be requirement for flexibility.