Production Manager required for Engineering Company with over 45 Years’ service in the Industry
This opportunity would suit a candidate with proven production background in a manufacturing environment or a candidate coming from a Steel Fabrication background with a good understanding of the manufacturing process and is looking for a new challenge with scope for progression.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the General Manager, Sales Staff, Purchasing Officer and Stores Person, and liaising directly with Contractors.
• Management of production process and scheduling including offsite work, quality control, adherence to strict delivery deadlines.
• Creating a timescale for production, supervising production processes, and adjusting schedules when needed and documenting on weekly reports
• Delegation and overseeing Production process and ensuring manufacture is exacting to Job Spec provided
• Monitoring and management of output of each employee and regular performance reviews, as required
• Managing people including absenteeism, performance and development
• Ensuring that health and safety regulations are adhered to and necessary training provided is documented and maintained up todate
• Managing maintenance to ensure preventive maintenance and repair of plant equipment is completed in timely manner
• Actively seeking and proactive approach to continuous improvement in terms of Lean Management and Production Staff operational performance levels and efficiencies within the manufacturing process
• Approval and scheduling of production staff holidays
• Management of customer complaints and implementing corrective procedures
• Handling supplier quality controls over raw materials and communicating and resolving these issues with the supplier
• Ensuring all reporting documentation is fully completed in detail and ready for presentation to management at weekly/periodic meetings
• 3 years + experience in a similar role
• Excellent Knowledge of reading Job Specs
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to motivate staff
• Good attention to detail with good problem solving skills