Logistics Manager Required for a busy company based near Lucan Co. Dublin
This is an excellent opportunity for the preferred candidate to work with a large retail company
The ideal candidate will (among other things):
- Be responsible for the day to day management of all operational and administrative issues within the logistics department.
- Plan/schedule daily van routes throughout the year.
- Plan/schedule staff roster to ensure adequate/efficient cover at all times.
- Ensure all timesheets are completed and staff are paid correctly.
- Ensure all staff are trained in all appropriate areas and that training is updated as required and customer care policies re-enforced.
- Ensure all truck drivers are in compliance with all RSA policies.
- Correspond regularly with Branch Managers to ensure best service is being attained at all times.
- Ensure all revenue versus expenses are monitored and managed.
- Deal effectively and promptly with all installation problems that arise.
- Implementing performance management and improvement processes that have a positive impact both internally and with customers.
- Make recommendations for improvements in logistics procedures and processes, including review of our current distribution model.
- Ensure vehicle maintenance, service, roadworthiness, tax, insurance is in order.
- Ensure all vehicles are kept in a clean condition inside and out.
- Ensure all staff are fully advised of all Health & Safety policies and comply at all times for their safety and the safety of others.
- Review all staff throughout the year
- Ensure all necessary tools, safety clothes, electrical, plumbing parts, hand trollies etc. are provided at all times.
- Ensure all vehicle inspection log books are completed daily.
- Be responsible for health and safety within the Department, this includes but is not limited to security issues and breaches.
- Ensure world class levels of customer service from the team as a whole and fully understand your customer needs and requirements.
- Be for any HR concerns, the first point of contact for your team, ensuring you start any conversation with the correct procedures and policies in mind.
- Counsel, advise and instruct/ train your team in all policies and procedures; this includes but not limited to HR, H & S etc.
- Ensure that you are familiar with all HR and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Lead by a positive example always. Your team look to you as their leader and the customers look to you as the head of the store.
- Uphold the Company Values.
- Be willing to complete other ad hoc duties may be assigned to you from time to time.
Have previous experience as a logistics manager, be an excellent communicator with both your team and management
Have excellent leadership and training skills
Be a strong and motivated leader who is able to lead by example with a result focus.
Be highly organised and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and ability to work to tight deadlines.
Have a passion for technology and curiosity for innovation.
Be supportive of colleagues in a team environment.
Have an ability to learn new business processes and operationalise training provided.
Be business minded, change orientated and pro-active.
If you feel you have the necessary skills drive and qualifications for this position please forward your cv to us without delay.
Interviewing for this role will commence within in the next 10 to 14 days.
An attractive remuneration package awaits the preferred candidate.